Sunday, May 8, 2011

Polaroid's Gone Gaga

A little over a year ago, Polaroid named Lady Gaga their creative director.

"I consider myself to be a visionary, not just a songwriter and a singer. I am an artist," said Lady Gaga, Polaroid's Creative Director. "I brought my vision and love of fashion, technology and obsession with the future into all of my work with Polaroid."

Since her time at Polaroid, Lady Gaga has helped to create the Grey Label.  The Grey Label is composed of three products:



1. Instant Mobile Printer

The portable printer works with mobile phones (minus the iPhone) via bluetooth.  It will be available in June and is now posted online at the Polaroid website for $169.99.


2. Instant Digital Camera

The instant digital camera will bring together both the traditional Polaroid instant print camera with the new technology of a digital camera.

3. Camera Glasses
The camera glasses bring together fashion and photography.  These sunglasses are actually able to capture digital images.


Below is a video of Lady Gaga unveiling her new products.


Polaroid's new Grey Label is definitely different.  With the nostalgia and popularity of their original cameras, Polaroid is hoping to encourage young, fashion forward, and technology savvy people to invest in their Grey Label.  While I think all of the products seem unique and pretty cool, I am not sure that any of them are something I would "need" to have.  I think the item I would want most would be the digital Polaroid camera, as it would be a lot of fun to be able to do Polaroid's and print only the one's you want.  I could see some really cool social projects and city projects being done with a camera like that.

While the Grey Label is somewhat old news at this point, the first item (portable printer) is about to be released.  I will be interested to see how it does, and even more so how the whole line does once it becomes available later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment