Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Audi

Audi's latest ad takes a bit of a different approach than it's prior ads.  While this ad is for the new A1, which is one of Audi's smaller cars, it is still an Audi.  The A1 has not been released in the U.S. yet.  I think that with this ad they are perhaps trying to appeal to a different crowd and maybe attract a bit of a younger, more energetic crowd.  From this ad I see the target being young, hip Apple enthusiasts (maybe a bit of a hipster). 


Don't get me wrong, love the new ad.  Although I am not entirely sure it is consistent with their past ads, it really gives the brand a personality and I think it will attract young, affluent buyers.

This years superbowl ad.  Escape old luxury.  This seemed to be kind of the prior Audi message and direction and I thought it really worked for them.  I thought these ads were great; entertaining, different than a typical car commercial, and brought in that differentiation factor to Audi (new luxury).  And they had a bit of that old mob feel to them.
Audi Goodnight (earlier this year - January).

I will be interested to see if this new strategy will carry over into the U.S. market at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment